KEMMLIT Ireland Limited is an international company with an incredible team based in Ireland. With over 65 years of experience in the pharma and biopharma industries, we are known for delivering innovative, functional, and sustainable products for laboratory and cleanroom projects. As a people-focused business, we prioritise teamwork and support, creating an environment where our employees can thrive.
Currently, we have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Estimator to join our Team and contribute to our continued success. To learn more about our company, please visit our website at www.kemmlit.ie.
What we provide in this role:
- A wholly inclusive company ethos that nurtures and supports.
- An excellent working environment.
- A competitive salary.
- A flexible team environment.
- Training and ongoing CPD.
- Business Expenses.
- Project Evaluation:
- Analyse project requirements, including architectural plans, specifications, and scope of work.
- Collaborate with the sales and project management teams to understand client needs and project objectives.
- Conduct site visits, if necessary, to gather accurate information for estimating purposes.
- Identify potential challenges or risks that may impact project cost and timeline.
- Cost Estimation:
- Prepare detailed and accurate cost estimates for laboratory and cleanroom furniture and fit-out projects.
- Evaluate material and equipment costs, labour requirements, subcontractor quotes, and other relevant factors.
- Utilise cost estimation software or tools to streamline the estimation process.
- Review historical data and benchmarks to ensure competitive pricing while maintaining profitability.
- Proposal and Bid Preparation:
- Develop comprehensive and professional proposals and bids in response to client requests.
- Collaborate with the sales and project management teams to determine pricing strategies and negotiation points.
- Present the estimate and proposal to the management team for review and approval.
- Ensure that all proposals and bids comply with company policies and legal requirements.
- Vendor and Supplier Relations:
- Source and evaluate potential vendors, subcontractors, and suppliers.
- Obtain competitive quotes and negotiate pricing and terms.
- Maintain positive relationships with vendors and suppliers to ensure availability and timely delivery of materials and services.
- Monitor vendor performance to ensure quality and adherence to project specifications.
- Documentation and Reporting:
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of project estimates, bids, and related documentation.
- Prepare and present reports on project estimation activities, including analysis of costs, trends, and profitability.
- Collaborate with the project management team to provide cost-related information for project planning and budgeting.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management, engineering, quantity surveying or a related discipline (preferred).
- Proven experience as an estimator in the construction industry, preferably with experience in laboratory or cleanroom projects.
- Strong knowledge of construction methods, materials, and industry standards (preferred).
- Proficient in using cost estimation software and tools (CRM).
- Excellent analytical and mathematical skills.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Effective communication and negotiation skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Familiarity with the pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical industries is a plus.
Join KEMMLIT Ireland Limited, an international company with an incredible team based in Ireland, as an Estimator. Collaborate with our Team and contribute to our successful delivery of laboratory and cleanroom furniture and fit-out projects. With our people-focused approach and extensive industry experience, you’ll have the opportunity to work on innovative projects and be part of our commitment to excellence.
To apply for this position, please submit your CV to email@example.com or if you want to discuss this position in the strictest of confidence please contact Gerard Kirwan at +353 (0)1 912 5007.
KEMMLIT Ireland Limited is an equal opportunity employer embracing diversity and offering unbiased opportunities to all. Be part of an inclusive team where respect, equality, and success thrive.